Looking for sf/mf Portfolio

5 Replies

I'm exploring the idea of buying a portfolio of residential real estate Sfh/mfh etc. Little bit over 1m with commercial loan. Any recommendation would be great, like a website or any source.

Exciting! Are you looking to acquire a turnkey portfolio where you buy houses that are ready to be/are being rented? Or are you looking for value add opportunites where you can go in, put some sweat equity in and have instant equity and higher cashflow?

Have you purchased or owned properties before? What experience do you have with penciling deals? What area would you be looking at? I might have a couple contact for you, I'm connected with other wholesalers in different markets and just picked up a package of 5 SFRs myself to wholesale.

Originally posted by @William Brown :

Exciting! Are you looking to acquire a turnkey portfolio where you buy houses that are ready to be/are being rented? Or are you looking for value add opportunites where you can go in, put some sweat equity in and have instant equity and higher cashflow?

Have you purchased or owned properties before? What experience do you have with penciling deals? What area would you be looking at? I might have a couple contact for you, I'm connected with other wholesalers in different markets and just picked up a package of 5 SFRs myself to wholesale.

I'm looking for turnkey for this portfolio deal. I'm also interested in value add and flipping but only 1 at a time. I'm fairly new to flipping/rehab. I have a few out of state turn key and a few rentals locally in WA that I manage my self.

I'd say try to think about what area of the country you are looking to invest in, and then find some real estate agents in the area and see what they can do for you. They can help you with portfolio's that are on the market.

Getting access to off market portfolio's comes by having good relationships. Do you know any other investors, agents, etc. Reach out to them and see if they know of any portfolio's you could potentially purchase.

You might check out Roofstock as they are now offering some portfolio packages.  As always, I would recommend if homes are out of your area that you go visit the area yourself before you close on any deal.  Know the neighborhoods.