How to close deal that is in probate?

3 Replies

Hi, 

I am currently working on a probate deal. I got the lead by going door to door. Her mother passed away about 2-3 years ago, she left no will or anything. There are 3 sisters in total, 2 of them want absolutely nothing to do with the house and want to pawn it off the the sister who is currently living there (my lead). She is very motivated to sell and is willing to sell as soon as possible. However, this is the first time I deal with a probate lead. How can I get this deal closed? Looking to wholesale the property

Also, another local investor suggested I get all three of the sisters to sign the purchase and sale agreement, and said that would work, would that be a valid and legit way to make it work? She is meeting up with her probate attorney tomorrow to see where the entire process is at. But I would really like to get this under contract within the next week or so. 

Thank you! 

@Wayne Brooks so pretty much what she told me was, "we met with the lawyer and he told us to get her mom's death certificate so we went to her sister's house and she is already in the process of becoming executor of the estate. So, while Christina is entitled to her share, her sister will have control over who buys the house. We told her about you. We have to wait till after some posting in the news paper to before we can begin sale"

What would you suggest to do in this case? I am brand new to probate deals this is the first one I deal with. I can talk to the sister is what I told them and work something out that will benefit both of them. But as far as the process, would I just have to wait? Also, is there a way of finding out when the "posting" is? 

Thank you!

Originally posted by @Victor Barboza :

@Wayne Brooks so pretty much what she told me was, "we met with the lawyer and he told us to get her mom's death certificate so we went to her sister's house and she is already in the process of becoming executor of the estate. So, while Christina is entitled to her share, her sister will have control over who buys the house. We told her about you. We have to wait till after some posting in the news paper to before we can begin sale"

What would you suggest to do in this case? I am brand new to probate deals this is the first one I deal with. I can talk to the sister is what I told them and work something out that will benefit both of them. But as far as the process, would I just have to wait? Also, is there a way of finding out when the "posting" is? 

Thank you!

The probate notice heading you'll be looking for is  Notice of Hearing On Petition for Formal Probate of Will and Appointment of Personal Representative.