How is a POA created? Golf course investment opportunity

How is a POA created? Golf course investment opportunity

Real Estate Broker · Southern Pines, NC · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 4 votes
I am a newer real estate agent looking to break into the investing market for bigger investors as well as my own interests. I HAVE NOT bought a property myself yet, or assisted, have only sold a few homes as a listing agent. Either way, I live in Pinehurst, NC (a.k.a - the golf capital of the world!) and our real estate market is hot...I have found what I think could be an absolutely amazing opportunity of a golf course and subdivision. There is currently an Arnold Palmer designed golf course, that has not been taken care of well. It needs new greens, probably irrigation systems, and some TLC to the clubhouse and property grounds...as far as the subdivision, there are some very nice homes and they are starting construction on upwards of 400+ NEW homes in that subdivision. My thought is, if an Investor purchased that golf course (along with maybe some lots) I think if they did things the right way, they could make MILLIONS in After Repair Value. One of my thoughts is this, if I owned that golf course, what other ways do I secure cash flow besIdes the golf itself? Membership to course, POA (<— MAIN QUESTION RIGHT HERE...who creates a POA?). And also just curious as to what a fair price for a rundown golf course is...I believe where we’re located this could be a great opportunity. Open to any and all recommendations! Thanks.
0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
8y
Originally posted by @Grant Rothenburger:

@Kevin Krysty Jr.

@Jay Hinrichs Have you ever bought a golf course?

 never got one through.. bought the dirt for two in N. CA though when I worked for a big syndicator in the land ACK roll.. they cratered though so projects never got going or finished.  golf is dying.. 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Saint Petersburg · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    8y
    @Kevin Krysty Jr. Hi Kevin, I love were your heads at. It's so cool to think of great ways you can add value your investments and your community. Unfortunately, I believe this is, above my (pay grade and) expertise. It's so hard to put a price on something like golf courses or lakes (ponds). I believe the golf course operates as a separate entity from the subdivision (In the beginning they may be created as one but not now). If you are series about trying to get the golf course I would contact the owner (easier said then done) or talk to the city to see what actions or pressure they might be able to put so that the course could be clcleaned up. Best of luck let us know how it turns out or what you fins.
  • Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
    8y

    @Kevin Krysty Jr.

    @Jay Hinrichs Have you ever bought a golf course?

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Grant Rothenburger:

    @Kevin Krysty Jr.

    @Jay Hinrichs Have you ever bought a golf course?

     never got one through.. bought the dirt for two in N. CA though when I worked for a big syndicator in the land ACK roll.. they cratered though so projects never got going or finished.  golf is dying.. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Southern Pines, NC · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 4 votes
    8y
    @Cameron Sylvester thank you Cameron! I have a long road ahead of me but I am looking forward to the adventure and opportunity that lay ahead!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.