Long Distance Investing in OH

13 Replies

Hello fellow investors! I’m considering investing in OH. I have family there and a great connection with a construction company to do rehab/repair on properties. Anyone have experience investing in OH? Any areas people like looking at? Happy hunting!

Hey Isaac we are doing the same at the moment the communities along I-71 look great and there are a few of them. Some have a higher percentage of owners than renters and a few areas have been hit by the opioid epidemic BUT if you ask around there are some good options

@Isaac Lipscomb I have lived in Columbus all my life. My husband I live in Columbus and have several multi family and duplex properties. Most are managed by a PM, a few we still manage. We currently have an 8 unit in Cleveland (where my husband is from, and is currently on the market). We have a 12 unit right off I-71 as well! We love it and it’s a solid performer. Happy to help with any areas or questions you have. Sarah

@Sean Dawson interested to know if you like cleveland or columbus better. obv cash flow in cleveland will probably be higher but which have been better investments for you? i also know a few local guys that invest in both. 

@Isaac Lipscomb  Cleveland has been a great area for investors the last few years as the city is really on the rise. That being said as a few others have mentioned above, it all depends on the area. We invest in specific zip codes where we are familiar with the demographics and economics of the surrounding areas. Would be more than happy to help steer you in the right direction!

Originally posted by @Isaac Lipscomb :
Hello fellow investors!

I’m considering investing in OH. I have family there and a great connection with a construction company to do rehab/repair on properties. Anyone have experience investing in OH? Any areas people like looking at?

Happy hunting!

Ohio is a pretty large state. Don't know many people that are spread out all over it. Which market are you interested in? Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, Cincinnati? 

@Sean Dawson Hi Sean, do you have any recommendations for PM & neighborhoods to look at in Columbus? Thanks in advance..

I am looking at multiplexes, I can do owner occupy for short term and PM managed once I move out of here.

Isaac - I am not invested personally yet but have heard GREAT things about Toledo during the networking I have been doing recently. It is not very hard to find cash flowing deals with little (if any) rehabbing required. If you end up investing in Toledo we should talk - let me know and best of luck!