Can't keep anyone on the phone

6 Replies

Hi BP community, I just got introduced to this site and the wealth of knowledge I have acquired in such a little time is truly amazing.

I am trying to get my first deal by driving for dollars and writing down the addresses of the distressed houses. When I talk to the homeowners over the phone though none of them want to sell and I get shut down right away. Most of my conversations with these homeowners are about 1 min max. What do I say to these homeowners to get them open to the idea of selling their homes?

Thank You,

Jonathan 

You aren't going to convince someone to sell their house by talking to them over the phone, you'll just need to increase your sample size.  A direct mail campaign will get a 1% response rate so that is probably the amount of people who even want to talk to you.  How many have you contacted so far?

Originally posted by @Aaron K. :

You aren't going to convince someone to sell their house by talking to them over the phone, you'll just need to increase your sample size.  A direct mail campaign will get a 1% response rate so that is probably the amount of people who even want to talk to you.  How many have you contacted so far?

That's true about 150 and I only have one person who is open to the idea. Thank You!