North Alabama Investment Properties

13 Replies

Hi! I recently successfully closed on my first two rental investment properties in Huntsville Alabama and I have to say I am very pleased! However, looking around at other cities and towns in northern Alabama, there seems to be some areas of interest that may present greater rental and/or flip returns than Huntsville. I have done some research on Athens, AL, Florence, AL and Muscle Shoals, AL. Does anybody hear have any experience investing in these areas? Any words of advice? And any insight as to which areas of these cities are A B C D areas, etc? Thank you so much!

I've been buying in both Florence and Athens, definitely some deals to be found. Haven't bought across the river in Muscle Shoals yet, but I haven't had any leads from there. As far as ABCD areas I'm not much help, haven't explored the entire cities. The one I got in Florence was right next to UNA and in Athens it was a little off the beaten path. What is your criteria? Buying turn key?

Thanks for the reply Caleb! Sorry it’s not letting me tag you.

My two in Huntsville were turnkey, and though I wouldn’t mind other turnkey Properties, I would love to find some cosmetic fixers I could BRRRR or even flip if possible. Do you mind sharing your purchase prices and current returns? Were yours turnkey? And issues with your tenants?

Thanks!

Originally posted by @Rhonda Blue :
@Jake Snavely Congrats on your first investments. I also own 2 LTR in Huntsville and 2 LTR in Madison. I use Detrich to manage them but I discovered that STR here in Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge can be extremely lucrative If your looking for great ROI. Message me if your interested in chatting more about it.

Hi Rhonda,

Are there any realtors you would refer in the Huntsville area for LTR? Which areas do you consider B or C+? I look forward to hearing from you. 

@Jake Snavely paid 9k for the Florence property and 35k in Athens, looking to owner finance them out so not the same strategy, returns are healthy however. When using private money it’s infinite but finding it easy to get 12-15% cash on cash or better depending on terms, and that’s with an equity split from my lead sources

I can vouch for Carolyn Dietrich w/Dietrich Rentals. They manage ten of my properties in HSV, Madison, & Decatur and do a great job.

@Jake Snavely.  When you get a minute, PM me and let me know what you need.  I'm familiar with every market and sub-market in North Alabama.

Hey there! I am a Realtor based in Florence, AL. What you guys might want to know about this area is that it is comprised of 4 towns called The Shoals. This is Florence, Sheffield, Muscle Shoals, and Tuscumbia. So all of these will be within a 15-30 minute drive from one another. Combined population is 70k with the bulk of that being in Florence. If you have questions about certain areas I would be happy to answer them to the best of my ability. I have been wanting to invest here as well because the prices are so cheap compared to other states. UNA is a university with about 7,000 students so that is a good place to be close to if you are looking for tenants or start an Airbnb.

Hi Jake,

My business partner and I both live in the Muscle Shoals area and have been investing here for about 3 years. We have 4 SFRs, and are currently exploring a few deals to get into multi family. We’re very familiar with this market, and all of our deals are cash flowing nicely. We stick to A & B, but have been able to find some B properties at great deals, do some light face lifting and end up with significant equity. Would love to connect if you’re interested in getting into this market. Happy to help, or even partner on some deals if you’re interested. Feel free to reach out.

Originally posted by @Jake Snavely :

Thanks for the reply Caleb! Sorry it’s not letting me tag you.

My two in Huntsville were turnkey, and though I wouldn't mind other turnkey Properties, I would love to find some cosmetic fixers I could BRRRR or even flip if possible. Do you mind sharing your purchase prices and current returns? Were yours turnkey? And issues with your tenants?

Thanks!

We have a home in Madison that we will be renting out soon and would love to find a realtor that knows the Huntsville area - we are looking for Duplex/Triplex/Quadplex we could eventually live in.  Any recommendations?