Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Carrie Giordano
  • Investor
  • Marina Del Rey, CA
Votes |
Should I Get my RE License for my Own Personal Use?

Carrie Giordano
  • Investor
  • Marina Del Rey, CA
Posted Sep 23 2018, 12:29
As a bit of background, I live in Los Angeles, my investments consist of sfh in Ohio and one vacation rental here in California. Before I began investing, I got my CA real estate license (Its now expIred), signed on with an agency and did it for about a month before realizing that it wasn’t the aspect of real estate I was looking to do. While I don’t do much investing in California, two years ago I rehabbed my condo and traded up to a more expensive home. I would like to do this same sort of live in flip one or possibly two more times to eventually work myself into the neighborhood I really want to live in. With prices being so high in the area paying the 5-6% agent fee upon the sale is quite hefty. So here’s my questions: would it be worth it to obtain my license again for the sole purpose of buying and selling my own homes or is there enough value in an agent to pay the commission? And, if I do go the route of getting my license, how can I find a broker to support this type of arrangement?

Loading replies...