Hey !! My Name is Zarhar and I am new to investing, I have a potential deal with a seller who is trying to get a duplex off his hands. His asking price is 64k. It needs a bit of work. I would love to use the BRRR strategy to find this deal. The main problem I am having is that its difficult to figure out the ARV of the property because the property is in a rough neighborhood and there isn't any duplex that has been sold in the area in the past 6 months. I'm trying to figure out if I have a deal on my hands. Can anyone please help me,?
Rental Property Investor · Steamboat Springs, CO · Member since 2017 · 255 posts · 154 votes
8y
Don't limit your comps to just duplexes - 4 units and down is just considered "residential." Pretend it's just a SFR with more square feet/bedrooms and run the comps that way. If there's literally no sales, expand your search area or time.
Don't limit your comps to just duplexes - 4 units and down is just considered "residential." Pretend it's just a SFR with more square feet/bedrooms and run the comps that way. If there's literally no sales, expand your search area or time.