• Investor
  • Cherry Hill, NJ
Votes |
Agent Representing Seller is Ignoring Me

Lavada Lindsey
  • Investor
  • Cherry Hill, NJ
Posted Sep 26 2018, 13:08

I recently found a package deal for sale (13 duplexes). The numbers work and I am excited about pursuing this further. I spoke to the agent about 3 weeks ago, he said that he would arrange for my husband and me to see the units and get back to me. I haven't heard from him since. I've reached out several times via voicemail, email and text messages. When he didn't respond I thought it would be a good idea to get another agent involved, so, I did. She has since reached out to him and he hasn't returned her calls either. She tried to schedule a showing in the MLS, and he rejected it...so, he is still alive. My lender is interested in seeing the rent rolls and the trailing 12 expenses, we are interested in seeing the units and making an offer, but I'm at a standstill now.

Does anyone have any idea why an agent will be uninterested in communicating about a property that would result in pretty big commission check? At this point do you think it is a good move for me to reach out to the seller myself (I've found the information on the tax records)? Does anyone have any advice about anything I can do in this situation?

Thank you!

Loading replies...