Dialers For Cold Calling

13 Replies

I suspect that it might be those dialers or whatever investors use that may be the cause of this 

I own a lot of properties in a presently hot neighborhood, so, I get a lot of calls and mail by investors. 8 out of 10 calls go directly into voicemail, without ever ringing on my phone. I was wondering about that. I guess somehow they're being identified as spammers and their phone calls immediately rerouted into voicemail. Don't know how else that would happen. Phone may be lying right next to me, never ring, good reception area and suddenly I have a voicemail. An investor, wanting to buy one of my property. 

Hi @Michaela G. I believe the investors are using RVM (Ringless Voicemail Drop) the use is in the name! We are using this now and it drops voicemails to cell phone inbox's with either one ring or no rings. It's a form of mass marketing for us investors! 

Originally posted by @Mallie Messri :

Hi @Michaela G. I believe the investors are using RVM (Ringless Voicemail Drop) the use is in the name! We are using this now and it drops voicemails to cell phone inbox's with either one ring or no rings. It's a form of mass marketing for us investors! 

So, on the receiving end, I hate those voicemails much more than the phonecalls. I can get rid of a caller much easier. Seeing that I have a missed voicemail makes me feel bad, worrying that one of my subs or tenants maybe tried to reach me and couldn't get a hold of me. Then i have to listen to the voicemail and realize that it was an investor, leaving one of those vague messages about having seen a property somewhere that might be mine......  

To me, it's much more involved and has a much more negative connotation for me than a phonecall would. But maybe that's just me.  

I get what you're saying at the end of the day. I have definitely heard a mixed bag of feedback and honestly I can understand both sides. For us it's just much more efficient than hand dialing out 100's of numbers, with VM drop it allows us to reach hundreds of people at once or at least their voicemail and it helps us weave out who's really interested in selling because when they call back they usually have some interest. At the same time if you are someone who isn't motivated to sell I can definitely see how it would be annoying since it is becoming much more commonly used. Thanks for the perspective though it is always good to hear how it's being received. 

@Michaela G.

Originally posted by @Mallie Messri :

I get what you're saying at the end of the day. I have definitely heard a mixed bag of feedback and honestly I can understand both sides. For us it's just much more efficient than hand dialing out 100's of numbers, with VM drop it allows us to reach hundreds of people at once or at least their voicemail and it helps us weave out who's really interested in selling because when they call back they usually have some interest. At the same time if you are someone who isn't motivated to sell I can definitely see how it would be annoying since it is becoming much more commonly used. Thanks for the perspective though it is always good to hear how it's being received. 

@Michaela G.

But it also shows people that they're just a number to you and thus are likely less receptive than they might have been, if you were willing to put the time in and directly address them. 

I understand that it's the spaghetti approach: Throw spaghetti against the wall and see what sticks. I personally prefer to take 1 strand spaghetti and purposefully push each one with my full hand against the wall. I spend more time on each noodle, but overall I may spend the same amount of time and have more spaghetti against the wall. 

People like to feel special. 

@Jimmy Samai   Did you make a decision on Mojo and what has been your experience thus far?

I'm ramping up with Mojo but I have also been wanting to test out Vulcan 7, RedX, and a handful of other alternatives.  But if I change, I need something that will talk with Podio.

I switched from Mojo several years ago toT-Max Dialer after my 7day free trial. Tmax was cheaper and easier to use. Tmax it will pop up the info for the person called so you know who you are talking to and have all their info on the T-Max CRM then I have it linked to my sales CRM and it will pull the account up on most web-based CRMs. It can even show a local phone number on the caller ID based on the area code your calling. I saw much better results with the T-max Predictive dialer than any other system out there.  Has anyone ever called during the weekends I am curious about peoples results?