User Stats

Votes
Michaela Manco
Votes |
Incorrect FHA Appraisal?

Michaela Manco
Posted Nov 14 2018, 17:06

Hello all,

I am under contract on a mixed use 3 unit property that I am acquiring with an FHA loan. About a month ago I was asked by my lender to submit a letter of intent for the property. My letter briefly described that I was intending to occupy one of the residential units, rent the 2nd residential unit and rent the 3rd commercial unit. My intentions were crystal clear to everyone from my realtor, the lender & even the listing agent overheard me talking about these plans during the initial showing and when I was at the property for the home inspection.

To my surprise, I was in for a shock today when the appraisal came back. While giving the appraiser access to the property the listing agent told the appraiser that the commercial unit and one of the residential units were going to be merged to make one larger unit. This was not my plan at all, I am using rental income from the other 2 units to help quality for the loan. The appraiser has written up the appraisal to reflect these "plans". Now my lender is diligently working to have the appraisal corrected. Has anybody had any luck having an FHA appraisal corrected? Do you have any tips for moving forward with this situation?

Loading replies...