Our experience with Michael Quarles Coaching Program

15 Replies

I hesitate to write a negative review on a public forum, but I feel it is necessary in this instance. My business partners and have done our diligence to research several 'wholesaling programs' in hopes of teaming up with experienced wholesalers to provide guidance and a bit of a safety net when launching our start-up company. We settled on Michael Quarles program and arranged a phone conference with one of his reps to get the particulars and decide between the Gold or Platinum.

After an hour and 20 minute phone discussion, we decided to go with the Platinum Program which is $5000. Seemingly a small investment to get such seasoned experts on our team for a 6 month period. During the presenter's pitch, we asked him many questions. Towards the end of the talk, I asked him explicitly "what other fees or charges did we need to know about other than what we have discussed?". He gave a very thoughtful answer and said they had disclosed everything. At that time, my team and I had a few minutes to ourselves to discuss our decision and then we called them back and proceeded with the $5000 payment.

The next day, they sent us the "contract" via DocuSign to read, sign and return. To my surprise, the contract had some very substantial monetary elements in it that were not mentioned in our hour+ meeting the day before. In section 5, the contract reads: "Transaction Fees: Student will pay Mentor a Transaction Fee in the amount of $5000.00 (Five Thousand Dollars) on each transaction (Property Purchase) entered into during the term of this agreement. The Transaction Fee Will also be payable by Student on any Purchases that are Pending (under a written Purchase and Sale Contract during and up to the end of the Six-Month Term), even if this Agreement has expired when the Purchase Closes."

This was a real game-changer for us, especially since it was not even mentioned by the presenter the day before. So my team and I are going to do all the heavy lifting, take all the risk, and we are going to give $5,000 per deal for 6 moths and this was not something that might be brought up during a long discussion? We immediately felt that this company was attempting to deceive us and the presentation was fraudulent.

I wish that I had better things to say since Michael Quarels is well respected on BP, however they have still not returned our money and only offered a remedy after we called and asked where our money was. Hopefully we will not have to take legal action, but I write this post in the spirit of full disclosure in hopes that future aspiring investors don't get burned the way we have. 

I wonder how they would track your deals.. ?   are they providing EM or something to help you launch ?

thanks for posting, sounds like they are just MLM ing students to do the wholesaling for them, leaving them with scraps.

It's sketchy "companies" like these that I don't do business with Wholesalers.

if you are in a one party-recording state always record those conversations.  did you sign the agreement?

https://www.mwl-law.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03...

Jay Hinrichs , part of the program agreement was to use their CRM platform for $97/mo. That was discussed and we were fine with that. 

Originally posted by @Mark Butler :

Jay Hinrichs , part of the program agreement was to use their CRM platform for $97/mo. That was discussed and we were fine with that. 

I am just curious how they can track wholesale assingment deals.  is it they have the look in to the crm to see what you have in contract. ??  just wondering .. 

@Mark Butler I sent you a message, I would like to help you guys out for zero dollars. 

@Braden C. People like you make this an amazing community to be part of. @Mark Butler , @Tom Sharkey

and I  got your message and look forward to connecting with you. Thank you for offering your help so quickly. You all have been very helpful. 

Although to be perfectly honest I listened to Mikes podcast and my impression is a true pro at this.

if there was someone I wanted to learn the wholesale game it would be Mike.  Just sayin and thats better than the 20 to 30k other gurus charge

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :
Originally posted by @Mark Butler:

I am just curious how they can track wholesale assingment deals.  is it they have the look in to the crm to see what you have in contract. ??  just wondering .. 

@Jay Hinrichs - That's a good question. I'm not sure how it would work but I assume that's where transparency would come into place considering there is an agreement in place? 

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

Jay I dont teach wholesaling.... YUCK... as for tracking opportunity,,, I am a believer in the honest system... However I did procrastinated the refund.. that is on me

Originally posted by @Michael Quarles :
Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

Jay I dont teach wholesaling.... YUCK... as for tracking opportunity,,, I am a believer in the honest system... However I did procrastinated the refund.. that is on me

sorry to paint that brush on you. !!  all I know is I have only listened to one pod cast in my life and it was yours.. and I loved it.. :)  I have not even listened to any of my own.. Its kind of like listening to your voice and think it sounds weird.. 

anyway...  what ever it is you teach I have no doubt it good info and well worth the money when comparing to other education systems/companies.. and I know most of them.  as a back end funder I have attended these as a vendor for years. 

Our impression of you, Michael, was similar to that of Jay Hinrichs'. That is why we chose your whole-tailing program. Unfortunately we were met with deceit, which was very disappointing.

@Mark Butler @Michael Quarles I personally had an excellent experience with Michael. The old saying "You get what you pay for" doesn't apply here because I found the program was available at an extremely low price. In this case it's more about "You get what you put in". 

Also keep in mind that some people just aren't great at connecting with customers and making sales. 

@Kris Hodges So you agreed to heavy lifting for 6 months and sending a check of 5k off for each deal you hustled for? If so, cool! I wouldn't be okay with it and would love to know that before wasting my time sitting through a presentation. I wouldn't be okay with that if after I asked if there were additional fees or costs that we should be awsre of weren't mentioned. He may be a vet, and I'm nit discrediting his knowledge. I am however sympathetic to OP. Just unfortunate he had to even felt brought to the point of considering legal action for a simple refund.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here