• Anchorage, AK
Votes |
Anchorage - appreciation?

Jamie Rose
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Anchorage, AK
Posted Mar 29 2019, 11:27

Hi BP! 

I live in and love Anchorage, AK. We've had a technical recession here - and now our budget with a new governor is up in the air... people are wanting greater stability than we've had for the past 3-4 years. 

I am curious to peoples opinions - does a states only metro - the financial, health care, and transportation hub (3rd busiest cargo airport nationally), have to only grow (barring a catastrophic event like nuclear war, etc.)? I almost think it does - but I know many on here are not naturally optimistic. I'll add in - our land is locked between the beautiful Chugach Mountains and the Ocean/Inlet. So land is at a premium - and so are building costs - so values are only really threatened by job loss - and the increasing growth of the Mat-Su Valley. 

I'd love the Alaskans to chime in on Alaska - but also want to get some outsiders perspectives - I don't think we'll ever be San Fran / Seattle sized... but we have some interesting components - as the states one true hub. Excited to hear perspectives! 

Loading replies...