Wholesaling probate in Florida

4 Replies

I've done multiple probate deals as a realtor but I want to start wholesaling probate properties. In most instances, the personal representative needs court approval once the property is under contract. The court requires a CMA or an appraisal to show the property is being sold for a reasonable price. My question is how do I get around that being that I would be looking to get these properties for a lot lower than market value? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Maybe @Long D. can chime in on this thread. He's a Trust, Estates and Probate attorney who covers all of the state of Florida.

I wouldn't even consider doing what your thinking of doing. 

Fiduciary responsibility to the families/estate(s) you represent, I sense a future lawsuit.

Thanks Mark as always. 

I have never ever had a jusge require an appraisal so long as it’s an arms length transaction. 

Whats more, the property can be transferred out of probate to the heirs and then the heirs can sell for whatever they want. 

Feel free to reach out directly: https://www.WeProbateFlorida.com

Originally posted by @Mark Pedroza :

Maybe @Long D. can chime in on this thread. He's a Trust, Estates and Probate attorney who covers all of the state of Florida.

I wouldn't even consider doing what your thinking of doing. 

Fiduciary responsibility to the families/estate(s) you represent, I sense a future lawsuit.