Time to buy a house in Phoenix, A?

1 Reply

Hello good people,  I am pretty much new to real state. I know its a million dollar question, is it good time to invest into a new house, i am first home buyer, i am want to go for it as a long term investing.  Heard lots of advise, but looking for an advise from some expert here. Thank you

@Surya Poudel it depends on your goals. We have been on an upswing in the market for quite some time now. If you want to buy now I feel that it is best to buy a fixer. Something that you can force appreciation through renovations, that way if the market does change you have a slight buffer. If you want to buy something move in ready, just make sure you plan on holding it for a long time. Either living in it yourself for a long time, or making sure the rental numbers make sense. As you do not want to buy something at the top of the market cycle that is top dollar for the neighborhood and then be in a situation where you have to sell a few years later when values are lower. I am sure you will hear a variety of other answers. Although that is my two cents.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here