Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Rolando J. Pena
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Im a newbie trying pull the trigger on this 14 unit building.

Rolando J. Pena
  • Houston, TX
Posted May 20 2019, 21:00

Good Evening BP!

I have heard many podcast on my way to work, but I finally started hanging out here in the forum. I must say that this forum is amazing!

Im currently under contract on a 14 unit apartment building in South Texas (RGV), and I would like to know if you guys think I'm buying it the right way.

- Turn key 

- built in 1996

- I have it under contract for 485,000 with the seller paying 10,000 for closing costs.

- 14 unit monthly income 7,000 (all leased)

- laundry  monthly income 500.00

- purchase cap rate 12.86% ( used bigger pockets calculator)

- ANALYSIS IMAGE IS ATTACHED

- Property management is only 5% because it is a family member that is going to help me

- Water and electricity expenses are only for laundromat, every unit has separate meters.

- It is located in a town of 11,425 population but according to the past records it hardly has any vacancies.

The property itself is not what scares me, what does is actually my inexperience in multifamily and the creative financing I'm going to use. I'm putting a four-plex that i bought for 100k(cash), as a collateral to get the 14 units financed 100 percent. My bank got me approved for WSJP+2.00 (7.50% fixed) for 3 years, rate adjusting every 3 years to the current WSJP plus 2%. The seller agreed to pay 10,000 towards closing cost, so i should not have to take any money to the closing table.(unless I'm missing something). My realtor is giving me half of his commission, so i might end up with money out of the deal. I also plan to close towards the end of the month to also get all of the profit the first weeks.

My four-plex is cash flowing around 1,400 a month plus the 14 units would be cash flowing around 1,362.51 they add up to=2,763.51

So is my cash on cash 33%, because I'm basically getting 2 deals for paying one cash?

Is it a smart idea to use another investment property as a collateral?

Do you guys think my interest rates are high?

I don't have anybody that I know that invests in Multi-family or single family and I have owned that four flex for like 6 months, that is why i decided to reach out to you guys for guidance.

Loading replies...