• Rental Property Investor
  • Somewhere
Votes |
How I learned about purchasing a property with a Tax Deed

Jeremy Holcomb
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Somewhere
Posted Jul 16 2019, 09:20

Well today has been an experience learning about purchasing a property someone bought as a tax deed. I came across a property that was listed for a crazy price. I inquired about this property and quickly got it under contract in less than an hour this morning. Took the contract over to my local title office and they look it over. The manager informs me that what I hold is a useless piece of paper. I look at them with a puzzled look and they tell me in Florida there is only three ways to close. 1) Have the previous owners sign a quitclaim deed. Which is impossible as I find out they are both deceased. or 2) Have a quiet title search done. Which is also impossible now as they are both deceased and we would have to do our quest through a probate court. and last but not least is 3) wait another year for the tax deed to hit 36 months after being issued. What would you guys do in this situation? Would you pass or try to come to some sort of agreement now on the property? Maybe a lease to purchase?

Loading replies...