• Rental Property Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
Should I rent a home?

Kristopher Werner
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boston, MA
Posted Aug 18 2019, 19:46

I'm just getting started in REI. Before I realized this is what I wanted to do, my wife and I lived in a condo that we rented. To save some money for our first investment, a multifamily we'd house hack, we decided to move in with family. We've been grinding for over a year now trying to find something that we feel comfortable living in and will cash flow when we move out and we simply can't find anything. I live in a really hot market (Boston) which is making it even more difficult. We're at our breaking point and need to do something, but I can't justify buying a single family home due to a crash we know is inevitable in the next few years and there simply aren't any multi family's in my area that fit our criteria. We're to the point of strongly considering renting an apartment until we either find a good multi or see what the markets going to do. Is this crazy? Am I crazy? Has anyone done this? I honestly would rather rent at this point then buy a bad deal and then have the market crash on top of it.

Loading replies...