House on 2 different lots? HELP!

4 Replies

There is a house that im intrested (PARCEL 1 in picture)the house is registered under 1 and the other one (2) is defined in county records as vacant lot and belongs to a different owner. clearly in picture GIS map county the house is in the middle of two.

was wondering what should I do? will that cause any issuses if I purchase it?

TIA

I think that you can file for an easement since the house has been there for so long.  You maybe can file to get the property line moved over.  Of course the best option is to buy that lot, since it likely isn't build-able and isn't worth anything to anyone other than you!  I'd call the town and ask!

Originally posted by @Russ Draper :

I think that you can file for an easement since the house has been there for so long.  You maybe can file to get the property line moved over.  Of course the best option is to buy that lot, since it likely isn't build-able and isn't worth anything to anyone other than you!  I'd call the town and ask!

thanks.

any more advices?

Originally posted by @Bob Renthammer :

Are you sure that map is accurate? That image could be shifted compared to where it's supposed to be.

It is a GIS map offical from the county website so I am assuming that it should be accurate.