Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Witthuhn
Votes |
Career Opportunities within Real Estate

Kyle Witthuhn
Posted Sep 16 2019, 15:26

I am a senior at The University of Wisconsin-Madison majoring in Economics. I am due to graduate in the spring of 2020 and thus have begun looking for a full-time position. I have taken several real estate classes here and feel I have a good grasp of basic concepts and financing.

I know that I want to get into real estate as that is what I am most passionate about, however, there seems to be a small market for entry-level positions that don’t involve underwriting, the credit markets, or real estate sales. I am looking to be hands on and involved in the decision making process so I can learn more about real estate and it’s intricacies.

I have been reading through Bigger Pockets forums and listened to the podcasts, however, everything seems to be aimed at individuals who already have a career and are looking to invest. Although I would love to invest at some point in the future, I feel I would benefit by first engaging in the field and gaining first hand knowledge.

I would love to begin networking with the Bigger Podcast community and to hear your thoughts about my concerns.

Something I would love some feedback on include:

- What career opportunities exist outside of large corporations? ie. underwriting and the credit industry

- Should I aim to position myself in regions where real estate is likely to grow in the near future?

- How can one be successful in finding a job with little first hand experience? (I know a lot about real estate, but it’s hard to prove that)

- Any input is appreciated!

Loading replies...