• Fresno, CA
Votes |
Abandoned house in Fresno, CA

Emily Hill
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fresno, CA
Posted Sep 20 2019, 19:43

Hi BP community!

There is an abandoned house in my area. I am still a newbie and not sure how to go about this:

I live in a lower middle class neighborhood in Fresno, CA. The neighborhood is central to everything and would classify it as a transitional neighborhood. Theres a lot of younger minority families and older people in the neighborhood. A lot of original owners are passing away. Flippers are coming in& remodeling the homes and increasing the value of the neighborhood. If you know Fresno, you know that it is a hot market right now! The abandoned home had renters living there for awhile. The renters were troublemakers and there was actually a drive by shooting in July. The renters got scared off and moved out (thank goodness). Since then, I have not seen any activity at the property. I work from home and have not seen a single person at the home. The yard looks terrible and the exterior of the home could use some updating. It’s a 1950s home, bungalow style. But it has potential to be a really cute home! 

I did see that the garage was open enough for someone to crawl under...I think there might be squatters living in the home now. The garage door has been shut the past two months so someone must’ve lifted it up (it’s an old school garage door that can lift up). 

Anyways, how should I go about this? Obviously I am not going to give out the address (or my address) because this home has major potential for the right investor. It’s worth around 200k and could prob rent for around $1,200-1,300.  It’s definitley not worth 200k in its current state...I’d say it’s worth around 160k-170k. 

How do I go about getting ahold of the owners? If the owner is willing to sell, i don’t have much money to put down right now so I was hoping to partner up or someone can pay me a finders fee? Or perhaps just pay me a flat fee and I will give you the address, so you can work a deal out with the owners. 

Thoughts?

Loading replies...