Us Notary in Montreal, Quebec

3 Replies

We are Canadians from Montreal Canada working on a flip in Kansas city. We got a fix and flip loan from Lima One, we dealt with them in for 3 deals. When it came to the signing we were able to have the documents signed by a Commissioner of oaths and they accepted it. this time around they are demanding to have it signed by a US notary. Little difficult to find here.. except at the consulate but their availability is very scarce. We need the paper work notarized asap.. can anyone help.. Please!

Originally posted by @Massimo Salerno :

We are Canadians from Montreal Canada working on a flip in Kansas city. We got a fix and flip loan from Lima One, we dealt with them in for 3 deals. When it came to the signing we were able to have the documents signed by a Commissioner of oaths and they accepted it. this time around they are demanding to have it signed by a US notary. Little difficult to find here.. except at the consulate but their availability is very scarce. We need the paper work notarized asap.. can anyone help.. Please!

The US Consulate is your best bet or a quick trip to Massachusetts or Vermont if my geography is correct.

@Massimo Salerno

I don’t know the rules for notary in every state, but as a notary in Florida I can tell you that it is illegal for me to notarize any document when I am not physically in Florida...

The embassy or consulate is doing notarization for these situations.