How to make an offer. agent is listing and buying , apts. not mls

2 Replies

Create post

I have been getting a lot of listings of apartments from specific agents. None of the apartments are listed on the mls. I have found a set of apartments that I want. The agent wants to get both ends of the commission. How should i even make an offer? Should I get a realistate attorney? The apartments are a good deal that I don't want to pass up. I have done my research.

If you don't feel comfortable with the agent dual representing both parties, you should be able to seek your own representation.  It would be an ethics violation if the listing agent tries to persuade you not to have a professional advocating for you.

If you are a confident in the valuation of the apartments, then you could definitely probably save some money by hiring an attorney, but make sure they can advise through the whole process. Since it's not listed, you should ask if the seller is offering compensation for a buyers agent. If they are, then you can bring in your own trusted agent to represent you and the seller will pay for it. If they are not offering consideration for a buyer's agent, then your options are to go without representation, you or your agent could try to negotiate their compensation as part of the deal, or you could pay for some or all it yourself.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here