First Property - 4plex

First Property - 4plex

Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

New agent/investor, trying to buy my first property, which will be a 4plex and plan on house hacking so I can get an FHA loan, been running the numbers, the property already has 3 tenants, rent is 650 per unit, I've been using bigger pockets and applied the 50% rule after doing the numbers as well as I can it shows -90 dollars, just trying to learn more I believe with FHA loan I have to live in one of the units for 1 year, but after the year that 4th unit I can lease out as well. What should I do in this situation, any ideas, criticize please, thanks.

0Reply
19 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Normally posters will link to the calculator to show what the numbers are

  • Investor · Bellbrook, OH · Member since 2016 · 63 posts · 39 votes
    6y

    The rules are good for a quick, "is this deal worth my time?" check, but you have to do a full analysis of the income, expenses, debt service, and ROI to determine if its a good deal. If you listed out all the numbers we'd be able to give better feedback.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.