Buy and hold Philadelphia vs. Phoenix

11 Replies

Hi BP, i'm currently a realtor in Philadelphia but have the opportunity to relocate to Phoenix metro specifically the Gilbert or Peoria areas. If I were to relocate, I would become an agent in Arizona with the long-term goal of having investment properties and utilizing the BRRRR method for buy & hold.

Can anyone share what the buy-and-hold market is like in Phoenix metro? 

Originally posted by @Cory Benhardt :

Hi BP, i'm currently a realtor in Philadelphia but have the opportunity to relocate to Phoenix metro specifically the Gilbert or Peoria areas. If I were to relocate, I would become an agent in Arizona with the long-term goal of having investment properties and utilizing the BRRRR method for buy & hold.

Can anyone share what the buy-and-hold market is like in Phoenix metro? 

I'm doing just fine in Phoenix with buy and holds. You'll find that there are as many real estate agents in Phoenix as there are Saguaro in Saguaro National Park, though.

@John Farady I hear that cash flow is hard to come by in the phoenix metro area.. have you found that is true? Do you have SFH or MFH?

All of my properties in the Phoenix area are cash flowing at least $500 a month. I'm into the single family market. I've looked at multi family (60 units and above) but they are difficult to find.

@John Farady If you dont mind me asking, what areas are you targeting? are you renting by the room or just by individual house? Are you finding value add properties or turn key? I haven't heard anyone say they cash flow that much per SFP in Phoenix metro so I'm very intrigued.  

@John Farady If you dont mind me asking, what areas are you targeting? are you renting by the room or just by individual house? Are you finding value add properties or turn key? I haven't heard anyone say they cash flow that much per SFP in Phoenix metro so I'm very intrigued. 

My Turnkey guy in Phoenix buys them off market and does all the work for me. I'm into SFRs. 

I'm not an agent nor is my source but I'm told that there are 50,000 agents in Maricopa county and something like 5,000 Actives under $1,000,000. It's crazy hot right not (weather too ;-) I think I was told a normal market has 25,000 to 30,000 Actives, they are at 5,000 Actives currently.

But, he's sitting on 4 deals I'm taking a look at and he has a full pipeline.

Don't know what else to say. He's a genius at finding deals? Or just works harder than everybody else? Or is well connected? He won't tell me. Lol

@John Farady That is great! Is he an agent or wholesaler? I'm taking a trip to PHX next month & would love to connect with you to talk further. Lunch is on me 

No, he's not a realtor or a wholesaler. He just finds properties, gets them fixed up and cleaned up and then contacts his list of people who want to buy Turnkeys.

Originally posted by @Chris Bodden :

@John Farady 

Would be interested in talking to "your guy" if he is up to more potential clients!

I'll check. I know he has properties in the Kyle/Austin area that he is hanging onto and has a partner in Dallas. He's talked about San Antonio as being a growth area for him.