Pro Member
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
Subject to on pre-foreclosures and foreclosures

Eddy Ramos
Pro Member
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted Aug 11 2020, 17:00

My question is more on a subject to deal and if it can be applied to both pre-foreclosures and foreclosures. I have been looking at the various websites (Zillow, Redfin, realtor - not the MLS) and see various homes that are in either stage.

If I wanted to do a subject to do I reach out to that realtor who has the house listed or do I go the route of finding who the owner is via the city property appraiser and reach out? That was I can explain my different offers and see if the owner will be willing to entertain a subject to deal.

Has anyone done a subject to via a pre-foreclosure or foreclosure route before? My understanding is that if successful in a subject to deal I would have to get the owner caught up (back pay, tax, fees) and then take over the remaining balance of the mortgage after I have the deed in my name. Would there be an agreement on the purchase price on the house with the owner on top of getting the owner out of default?

Sorry for the dumb questions - just getting started out. Looking to see how I can create a win-win for all involved during these tough times. Looking to potentially hear stories from some who have done this where I can ask some basic questions. I may not have experience in real estate as I am starting however can trade some business expertise or barter for small projects (excel, etc) someone may not want to do in exchange for information.

Thanks

Loading replies...