Votes
Brian Maffucci
  • Shelton, CT
Votes |
SHORT SALE Q - Extensions

Brian Maffucci
  • Shelton, CT
Posted Apr 18 2013, 08:17

Hey, new here so thank you guys for any help.
I am in the process of buying a short sale, our offer was approved and we were given a month to get the mortgage together and close. Unfortunately the basement flooded about a week before the appraisal. The appraiser said the dampness in the basement was too much, so we took an entire day and went into this house that wasnt ours, with permission of course, and removed carpets, tore out moldy drywall, put down dehumidifiers and fans. House was completely dry at time of re appraisal except a small damp spot on the floor the appraiser said she found. So again they denied it. This all happened so fast that we now need an additional week to be able to finish this work and close.

My main question is will Wells Fargo approve the extension? My real estate agent says it should be ok for a week extension, but I made the mistake of googling it and saw that in 2010 Wells Fargo stated they werent taking extensions.

Cons: Wells Fargo might not be taking extensions any longer, I am hoping somebody has dealt with them and knows frist hand.

Pros: The owner had his water shut off intentionally which delayed our appraisal
The owner had his electricity shut off after that which delayed the appraisal
The basement flooded which pushed us to have more than one appraisal.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Loading replies...