Sunnyside Houston: Good investment area?

Sunnyside Houston: Good investment area?

Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 5 votes

Hi,

I’m interested in purchasing a property in Sunnyside, Houston and am curious of more information of the neighborhood. 

Is this a good investment area? I’m planning to live in the residence for a year and then rent it out. 

For strictly investment purposes. I notice the neighborhood still has a lot of work to do. How long until this area is increases in value, I notice a lot of development. 

Thank you in advance 

0Reply
32 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 177 posts · 68 votes
    5y

    Hi Eric,  As a Realtor, I must advise you that no neighborhood is categorically safe. That said, you may want to just go Google it. I will drive through there but will not spend the night. I had a friend just stop for gas and got shot.

  • Lee HamptonPro Member
    Developer · Houston, TX · Member since 2020 · 94 posts · 105 votes
    5y

    Investing in an area is about anticipating its future direction and matching that with a current price point that represents value.   You are essentially looking for potential, for diamonds in the rough.   An example, the heights is a "good" area, but it is fully valued with a high $ entry point.    I invest in the Heights, Bellaire and Sunnyside.  They all fill different needs in my portfolio.     It's a matter of what you are trying to achieve and what you can afford.     I would not let a shooting impact your decision, shooting and car jackings happen in all parts of the city including wealthier areas.   In 1991,  the area now known as the museum district was a bit rough, crime was present, prices were low.   Today, a different story,  someone ignored the warnings and anticipated the change and today sit on pure gold.    My advice;  Do your homework,  partner with knowledgeable people, be responsible a developer (make the neighborhood better).  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.