• Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Relocation & Investing in Austin, TX

Wei Cho
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Oct 17 2020, 15:05

Hi everyone.

My husband and I are wrapping up our latest buy & hold rehab in Los Angeles, CA. Our projected completion date is August 2021 and we're looking to move to Austin at the end of next year. We are looking into East Austin to purchase a house - preferably a duplex (or larger) that we can house hack or a home w/ an ADU built in it, that we can also house-hack. Wanted to connect w/ Austin investors and get a head start in our network there.

We visited Austin in September and were attracted to the vibe of the city, loved the mature trees and the river. As for investment: we're considering buy & hold around the city: east Austin, although we don't mind going anywhere that the deal makes sense (North Austin, South Austin (McKinney, South Congress, etc). We're even considering going as far as San Antonio to invest since it will be close to our "home base" in East Austin. 

So my question is, is there a strong rental market all over Austin? From our research, all over the city there's $1M houses right next to $350k houses. And there's also new construction North of Austin (our friends were looking to buy new development houses in Pflugerville).

Any leads greatly appreciated & connections too!

Loading replies...