Ohio Tax Lien Property

7 Replies

Ok BP - I have a question.

I'm looking into a property that has back taxes on it. The owner has moved out of state and wants nothing to do with it. Is it possible that I could pay what's owed in the back taxes and take over owership of the property without him signing a contract?

Thanks in advance!

Yes except neither of those are applicable. The home owner filed for bankrupcty a few years ago but since the property stayed in his name the taxes begin to pile up as he has moved out of state. And has said he does not care what happpens to the property. But don't wanna sign a contract of sell.

Originally posted by @Timothy Johnson :

Yes except neither of those are applicable. The home owner filed for bankrupcty a few years ago but since the property stayed in his name the taxes begin to pile up as he has moved out of state. And has said he does not care what happpens to the property. But don't wanna sign a contract of sell.

I replied to your PM but only way I know of is just to wait for the tax foreclosure auction. Is there any wiggle room in raising the offer price to the owner? more money in his pocket may get him motivated to sign.

Good point I have not followed back up with him abt it but I will today. Yes saw your reply - yep but I was just looking to have less sharks in the water to compete against on this one :)