I am look at 5 acres of beautiful mountain property in Colorado. This will be the first land purchase I’ve ever made and would love to talk to someone who has purchased land for future development. The property is “off the grid”. I plan on building a cabin, eventually. What questions should I be asking to ensure that the land is suitable for my future dream cabin?
Some of the things I'd think about if it were mine would be:
- Are their potable water wells nearby, and how deep are they.
- Can you option it, and try a well, and if no water just move on to find another property.
- Can you option it and do a perk test (all 4 seasons) and if it's a no go, just move on to find another property.
- Can you get a septic tank back there (delivery and access).
- Can you get a septic clean out company back there (access and available service).
- Is it land locked.
Just my 2 cents.
Thank you for the input!