Promising Areas in Atlanta?

5 Replies

Been looking at the union city/Austell area for 3/2 and 2/2 townhomes under 150k. Its looking promising, and they look like great opportunities to cash flow, but wanted to ask if any investors on the forums have gotten into properties like this on the west side of Atlanta and how their experience has been thus far?

@Izzy Izore I've done deals in both Union City and Austell, and agree, both markets can provide great opportunity for cash flow. However, be mindful of HOA rental restrictions for townhome properties. Also, with an intended purchase price of 150k, recognize the type of tenant you'll attract, you're typically looking at B-/C class subdivisions.

Originally posted by @Michael Dumler :

@Izzy Izore I've done deals in both Union City and Austell, and agree, both markets can provide great opportunity for cash flow. However, be mindful of HOA rental restrictions for townhome properties. Also, with an intended purchase price of 150k, recognize the type of tenant you'll attract, you're typically looking at B-/C class subdivisions.

Forgive me for my ignorance but is there any problem you’ve seen with people primarily investing in B/C class neighborhoods? 

Promotion
PassiveInvesting.com
Private Real Estate Syndication Team
ATTENTION: Learn the 7 Red Flags for Passive Apartment Investing
Do you want to learn how to know if you are investing with a good operator? Check this out now.
Read Article Now

@Izzy Izore no worries! Essentially a B-/C class neighborhood means you should expect a B-/C class tenant. If you proceed with caution and screen potential tenants properly, then this should help in the long run. Problems will come up occasionally but that's part of RE investing. Furthermore, this is why it can be essential to use a resourceful property management group. 

I have been living in ATL since July, I would say definitely ATL and the surrounding areas are good locations to invest in, if you go too far out then you're in the woods. be careful with the southern ATL area as it seems those are the worse part of town. 

Originally posted by @Izzy Izore :

Been looking at the union city/Austell area for 3/2 and 2/2 townhomes under 150k. Its looking promising, and they look like great opportunities to cash flow, but wanted to ask if any investors on the forums have gotten into properties like this on the west side of Atlanta and how their experience has been thus far?

Recently have a client looking to sell a 3/1 sfh near the westside park for less than 200K. Why? Just evicted an tenant that damage a lot inside the house. You need to be very very very thorough on tenant screening. 

Townhome you need to ask the HOA on restrictions. Also be careful that might eat up your profit.