• Des Moines, IA
Votes |
Looking for ideas on an old Health Club / Fitness Center

Chase Keller
  • CCIM
  • Des Moines, IA
Posted Nov 14 2022, 12:48
Hello Braintrust!

I have a Health Club / Fitness Center that's been closed for a few years.  It was the best and nicest property when it was built and was very popular for a long time, but it didn't get the reinvestment that it needed, tired out and eventually closed a few years ago.  It's a sweet property with a pool, 12 racquetball courts, basketball court, locker rooms with showers, sauna, hot tub & steam room.  over 54,000sf total, so this place is huge, it had a full kitchen and bar area, billiards room, tanning rooms, salon.  Also has a daycare attached, so could be a lot of different things with that area.  

I'm looking for ideas on what this property could be.  Obviously a revamped health club, you could take down walls between the racquetball courts to have other uses; 20' tall rock climbing walls, pickleball, practice rooms for local clubs and teams, an adventure park or entertainment park.  I've had some other, but related users come look at the property; Boys&Girls Club, a charter school, someone that wanted to convert into .  

It's in a great location in Des Moines, on a major corridor with 29,000 cars/day, mile from the interstate.

What are some ideas that may have worked in other markets?  I'm open to any ideas.  I'm excited to see what can be done with this property!

Here's the property if you want to see what it is now.  Click the link here.  Oakmoor Racquet Club

Loading replies...