What is Commercial Advisors

2 Replies

I am sorry to ask a very amateur question, what is commercial advisor? I am considering to buy net leased properties, but instead of working with traditional real estate agent, there are advisors who would act as my agent? I am confused, is this the same thing? what is the difference between advisor and say KW commercial agent?

By the way, what is the exact difference between brokers/realtor/agent/advisor in US?

Please notice me if there would be any difference regarding legal side as well.

Thanks for input.

Hi Xiyuan,

A commercial advisor is typically the same as a realtor/broker/agent.  Sometimes, people use different titles because it sounds better.  In the end, these are all people with their real estate license and will help you buy, sell, or lease properties and they are compensated through commission.  An advisor may tell you that they can advise on how to invest but the bottom line is that they want to earn a commission from you.

I would be happy to speak to you about your US real estate questions.  Please PM or email me directly

Jason - [email protected]

Originally posted by @Jason Mak :

Hi Xiyuan,

A commercial advisor is typically the same as a realtor/broker/agent.  Sometimes, people use different titles because it sounds better.  In the end, these are all people with their real estate license and will help you buy, sell, or lease properties and they are compensated through commission.  An advisor may tell you that they can advise on how to invest but the bottom line is that they want to earn a commission from you.

I would be happy to speak to you about your US real estate questions.  Please PM or email me directly

Jason - [email protected]

Email sent. Thanks for connect.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.