• Contractor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Build to suit???

Justin Escajeda
  • Contractor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted Dec 27 2014, 16:34

Trying to gather some information on this...I have recently purchased a commercial building that I was going to conform into another small indoor facility.  It is a 3 story building built on a hill side.  The main entrance (top floor) in the most accessible, and is also where most of the units are now.  The 1st and 2nd floor are really only accessible by an outdoor staircase running down aside the building.  My partners and I had the intention of keeping the 1st floor our office and extra storage for our masonry business equipment. 

The middle floor is fully laid out for some kind of office (dentist, chiro, professional, whatever).  I want to advertise this for office space, but was wondering if anyone has advertised build to suit?  Does that mean I, as the landlord does the rennovations for them, or does It mean they do the work?  I am also wondering if renting to a business, is it standard for them to pay utilities (I am used to residential)??  Any feed back would be appreciated, as well as what you thought about renting to a business..

Loading replies...