Fast Food Development Lot

6 Replies

I am in contract to buy a lot that would be a pretty good location for a major fast food chain.   Is there a group of brokers or developers that source locations for many majors chains versus me trying to approach each one individually?  

Are you trying to develop the location yourself? Or just flip the site to a developer? 

If you are developing it yourself and looking for leasing brokers with connections to national chains I would recommend getting in touch with one of the larger brokerage houses (Jones Lang Lasalle, CBRE, DZT, etc), but i'm sure local brokerage shops have connections too. 

If you are trying to flip it to a developer, look for an investment sales broker. Marcus and Millichap has a pretty solid practice with smaller, single tenant NNN investment sales listings. but bounce some ideas off local brokerage shops in your area too. They might have some good local contacts interested in buying.

Build to suit or a ground lease would be my preferences.

We have had good luck with CBRE.

build to suit, the landlord develops themselves, with the ground lease , who would typically develops, the tenant? they hire and pay for their own development, correct?

Martin, in my experience it is sometimes the tenant.  Sometimes another company who leases the building and requires an additional monthly payment/rent.  

I have some lots that I'd like to work out ground lease deal on as well.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.