• Chicago, IL
Votes |
Is a getting your MBA worth it?

Justin Sumulong
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Jan 25 2017, 13:36

My end goal (or dream) is to do work in syndication deals because I want to help others by offering a way for them to invest in real estate instead of using excuses like they are too busy or too scared or too whatever to get started on their own.

As of today, however, I'm relatively new to the investing space.  I have purchased two out-of-state turnkey properties.  Currently, I am saving money to purchase a small multi-family to house-hack.  Then hope to purchase a few more multi-families to manage before moving up to larger/commercial multi-families.  And ultimately grow to a syndication deal with 50+ or 100+ or larger buildings.  This is something I hope to accomplish within the next 10 years.

Today, my full-time job is as an engineer but I wouldn't say I really enjoy what I do.  I am considering starting a part-time MBA program to help me side-step into the business field which I would like to think will help me with syndication.

My question is, knowing my plans/desire for down the road, what are the opinions out there on whether or not a MBA is necessary/advantageous on my path to getting there?

Does anyone have advice on other actions or steps I can take now to help me on my journey?

Does anyone have a syndication business they would like to tell me about or hire me on part-time for free to learn more about the business (knowing I'm a newbie)?

Thanks in advance for any & all help/feedback.

Loading replies...