Skip to content
Commercial Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
John Lim
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
What do you want to know about hotel development?

John Lim
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Dec 5 2017, 10:38

Hi everyone - 

We're back! After great feedback and reception from our interviews with kitchen consultants and construction builders, I've decided to interview a hotel developer for a Q&A to answer any questions you have!

I know there is already a lot of attention focused on multifamily and apartment style investments on BP, so I wanted to focus on hotels since it might be a little less familiar to people new to the real estate game. 

That being said, I need your help - I want to open up the opportunity to all of you to see if you have any questions you might want to ask a hotel developer. As I've done before, I'm hoping to incorporate your questions into my blog here on BiggerPockets. If you have a question that you would like to ask, let me know. 

I'm already thinking of a few questions, including:

• How you even start with commercial and hotel real estate?
  • What benefits are there investing with a REIT versus investing directly in a single hotel?
  • Are there differences in investing with different hotel brands (i.e. a Red Roof Inn versus a Hilton versus a Holiday Inn asset)?

Of course, our developer specializes in hotels, but feel free to ask any questions that might have to do with other commercial property classes! Thanks - looking forward to hearing from all of you!

John

Loading replies...