Insurance for residential commercial

2 Replies

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a insurance company that has good quotes for an apartment building?  I just I will be closing on a 6 unit in a couple of days and I got an insurance quote for 3000 a year.  I am not sure that is a good deal or not but would like to compare with another company that maybe someone has used. thanks in advance,

Tracy

@Tracy D. Garrett-Numa That quote sounds a bit high. We were very satisfied with a great agent based out of NJ who works with property owners nationwide. He works with over 40 national carriers directly, so can get you the best policy to fit your exact needs. I can give you his contact info if you PM me. 

732-333-1477
Originally posted by @Tracy D. Garrett-Numa :

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a insurance company that has good quotes for an apartment building?  I just I will be closing on a 6 unit in a couple of days and I got an insurance quote for 3000 a year.  I am not sure that is a good deal or not but would like to compare with another company that maybe someone has used. thanks in advance,

Tracy

Shop around.. There is a huge difference between quotes from one provider vs another. I was initially quoted $700 for my duplex. I shopped around and went through another company and they were able to get me for $425.  Why is the difference? Company A might have relationship with only so many insurance providers, while company B will have relationship with lot more. 

There is one provider out there.. You should ask your agent if he/she has relationship with that provider. Unfortunately, I don't think I am allowed to advertise businesses publicly, but if you send me a colleague request I can tell you in private. 

Good luck. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.