• Investor
  • Knoxville TN
Votes |
My Landlord is offering a purchase option

Cara Lethco
  • Investor
  • Knoxville TN
Posted Oct 25 2018, 11:07

I am new to investing (we have a fixer upper house and mobile home we just closed on). I own a tattoo business in Knoxville TN, and my landlord just offered to sell me the building and the small 2bd 1ba rental house next door to the tattoo studio. He doesn’t plan to list them and is only looking to cash in on these properties to further develop another property he has. He is offering a purchase option of 10k that will go toward the purchase price of I buy the property. I would have three years to purchase. Also he is going to put half the rents of both properties toward the purchase price and continue to handle all repairs until I purchase them. I do believe I can put myself into a position to buy in three years but he’s pretty much asking retail for the properties... there is more developments coming my way and the main road I’m on is being expanded to have a turn lane. Our hands are tied because we just poured our capital into the two properties we just bought... should we unload one of the properties for this opportunity? Im just wondering if taking this offer is going to give me leverage in the long run since it isn’t really a deal right now. 

Loading replies...