Rental Property Investor · Los Gatos, CA · Member since 2017 · 124 posts · 131 votes
Happy New Years. Hope you all have a safe and awesome evening. I was curious ion anyone knows where to get a list of commercial agents. I have a list for my area of single family agents and have had great success with cold calling them for deals. I am now trying to do the same with commercial agents but have not been able to find a list with their info. If anyone knows how to get this info please let me know. Thanks and have a safe New Years.
Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
7y
In commercial find an established broker with a big network for the asset type you want and try to establish a relationship. Show financial statements and bank statements with liquidity and net worth with account numbers info blacked out etc.
They want to know you are a REAL buyer and not a wholesaler type. Commercial tends to be more sophisticated brokers and owners. They heavily screen buyers to see if they can perform and are realistic. I don't even talk to wholesaler or assigners because I have lot's of real buyers.
Rental Property Investor · Los Gatos, CA · Member since 2017 · 124 posts · 131 votes
7y
@Rick Louallen That’s a good idea, thanks. Do you know if there is somewhere you can get a list by city, county or state for these agents, or maybe you know if that’s available through the subscription for CoStar.
Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
7y
In commercial find an established broker with a big network for the asset type you want and try to establish a relationship. Show financial statements and bank statements with liquidity and net worth with account numbers info blacked out etc.
They want to know you are a REAL buyer and not a wholesaler type. Commercial tends to be more sophisticated brokers and owners. They heavily screen buyers to see if they can perform and are realistic. I don't even talk to wholesaler or assigners because I have lot's of real buyers.
Real Estate Consultant · Mobile, AL · Member since 2015 · 78 posts · 96 votes
7y
@Bobby Nilsen Go to CCIM.com and find the highest level of commercial investment brokers in the world. You can search by area, name, and specialty.
Brokers still on loopnet.com have not figured out that nobody searches on loopnet anymore, so I would be cautious looking for a broker through loopnet.
Rental Property Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2018 · 244 posts · 140 votes
7y
I am also looking for a good commercial broker/s to help me find self storage facilities in Washington State, Oregon, Louisiana, Idaho, and Montana. I have found it much harder to find a commercial broker than a residential broker.
I am also looking for a good commercial broker/s to help me find self storage facilities in Washington State, Oregon, Louisiana, Idaho, and Montana. I have found it much harder to find a commercial broker than a residential broker.
Dang just sold a great storage facility with room for expansion in Moses Lake. If for some reason it comes back on the market I'll let you know.
Rental Property Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2018 · 244 posts · 140 votes
7y
Hi Chris,
Thanks for reaching out. Bummed I missed this possibility in Moses Lake. Day late huh lol. Please let me know if this deal comes back on market and/or if you have any other deals you know of and thank you for your response.
Specialist · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 611 votes
7y
@Bobby Nilsen
I don't think that strategy will work with commercial brokers unless you want them to send you deals they can't sell unless you have a track record. If I'm a commercial agent that is the first thing I'm going go ask you, is what do you own.
Thanks for your heads up on dealing with commercial agents. Typically when we get in touch with any agent the first thing we do is qualify ourselves with our current holdings. If they check they'll see we have somewhere around $10-20M in market value of properties, with about $7M or so in multifamily. I'm not a wholesaler asking for a commercial list to blast to try and wholesale more deals. What we are looking for is commercial office space around 5k SqFt in the San Jose area for our company. We are just starting to break into the commercial space and any help would be greatly appreciated. As most commercial properties in this area are sold off market what are your guys' idea to get in touch with the commercial agents to be on the forefront of their minds?
Real Estate Broker · The Woodlands, TX · Member since 2016 · 63 posts · 28 votes
7y
If anyone is looking for a commercial broker in Houston, TX area I can help. Our office is in The Woodlands, TX. www.TheCommercialProfessionals.com. I personally own a boat & rv storage facility and I'm busy developing two more.
Commercial Real Estate Broker · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2015 · 102 posts · 50 votes
7y
Hi Bobby, should you decide to venture over in the Sacramento area, let me know. Would be happy to keep you updated on what’s going on over here should you have an interest.