What address to use for EIN application

11 Replies

Hi BP members,

I have formed an LLC  in delaware for my FUTURE investment property maybe in Midwest or south,etc. but I live in California, When applying for EIN, it asks for a physical address. Which address should I use for the EIN application? Should I put my home address in CA or Delaware address?but I don't have address in Delaware.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Your regular mailing is fine. You should ideally have an attorney draft this doc for you outlying Operating Agreement also. Additionally, this is getting ahead of yourself, no need to spend filing fees until you have identified the house. You just have to do it before closing. 

Originally posted by @Gaby Liu :

Hi BP members,

I have formed an LLC  in delaware for my FUTURE investment property maybe in Midwest or south,etc. but I live in California, When applying for EIN, it asks for a physical address. Which address should I use for the EIN application? Should I put my home address in CA or Delaware address?but I don't have address in Delaware.

You do have an address in DE, who is your registered agent?

Originally posted by @Ronald Rohde :
Originally posted by @Gaby Liu:

Hi BP members,

For physical address is it suppose to be the registered agent's address or the mailing address that was put down on the LLC formation docs?

Originally posted by @Brian W. :
Originally posted by @Ronald Rohde:

Hi BP members,

For physical address is it suppose to be the registered agent's address or the mailing address that was put down on the LLC formation docs?

Where is your business located? Thats the LLC address, it can be the same as RA address or different.

Originally posted by @Brian W.:

Hi BP members,

Where is your business located? Thats the LLC address, it can be the same as RA address or different.

LLC is registered in Texas since property is there but the address listed in the LLC docs is in California.

Hi BP members,

LLC is registered in Texas since property is there but the address listed in the LLC docs is in California.

Well, youll probably get hit with $800 CA LLC tax now.

Hi BP members,

For future properties, should I have opened the LLC in California even if the property was out of state?

Hi BP members,

For future properties, should I have opened the LLC in California even if the property was out of state?

No, I would just not link any out of state LLC to CA, they have the strictest rules on residents triggering the annual fee.