6 Unit Mixed-Use, How do I appariase the Comm Units?

6 Unit Mixed-Use, How do I appariase the Comm Units?

Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hi All,

I have the possibility of buying a mixed-use 4 unit (2bd/1br) with 2 commercial properties included. Brand New construction, in very popular up & coming town 30 mins outside of major city.

How can I go about evaluating the commercial space to find or figure out to get a good number to rent out to that space?

Is it based On the business I’m potentially bringing in or just based on the area/comps (similar to renting)?

I’m brand new to the the RE world and this opportunity came across my “desk.” I’m currently working on funding for the property, and will be going to evaluate the property soon.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Cody

0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Greenwich, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
6y

@Cody Costa, commercial real estate (mixed-use, multi-family, office, whatever) is valued based on NOI and Cap Rate. You'll have to make some projections since it's brand new.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Greenwich, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Cody Costa, commercial real estate (mixed-use, multi-family, office, whatever) is valued based on NOI and Cap Rate. You'll have to make some projections since it's brand new.

  • Real Estate Agent · Cupertino, CA · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Income approach, and sold comp($/sf) are to be employed. Rental income, expenses, utility and vacancies. Must be in the similar neighborhood in the area.

  • Ronald RohdePro Member
    Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Do you have a plan to get tenants? If you're brand new, don't take on commercial vacancy risk.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.