• Rental Property Investor
  • Charleston, SC
Votes |
Multi-family Construction and Renovations

Ian Checketts
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charleston, SC
Posted Dec 2 2020, 02:37

How often has an item come up during underwriting, or due diligence and you have to track down a million contractors to try to get pricing for that work that needs to be done? Have you used a contractors pricing, then they back out when it comes time to install?

I have been in construction for the last 13 years and been through all kinds of “subcontractors.” I want to help enlighten investors dealing with contractors and help them see ways to evaluate and determine if they have a clue about their scope of work they are bidding or how to mud drywall..story for another day.(Ask and I will tell!!)

My focus is going to be geared more towards multifamily investors dealing with larger production. I absolutely love distressed properties and ground up new construction. My current role is on the construction management side for a large multi-family developer and builder where we build large (300+units) class A apartments.

Lets collaborate! I know a lot about construction, but really want to learn all I can about cap rates, syndication, and all the other key elements to multi-family investing.

Loading replies...