Investor · Chicago area · Member since 2013 · 46 posts · 34 votes
Hi All,
Are there any good ways to pull cash out of an already-financed piece of commercial property (in my case, I'm specifically referring to 5+ multifamily) without replacing the existing debt?
On my family home, for example, I can always get a "Home Equity Loan" or (my preference) a HELOC. None of this affects my first mortgage at all.
With commercial, options seem limited to: 1. Supplemental loans, available with agency debt under the right conditions. 2. Cash-out refinance, which involves paying off the existing debt and taking a substantial prepayment hit unless the timing is right. 3... whatever I am missing?
Perhaps this is one of those things where some small banks/credit unions can help, if the existing loan is already with them?
No doubt this is possible for nine-figure deals, but I'm talking about significantly smaller properties. If the answer is "that's just not done by most lenders", that's fine too, then at least I can plan accordingly.