Financial Modeling Courses

6 Replies

Good morning everyone,

Does anyone have experience with the REFAI certification course offered by REFM or the Accelerator program offered by Adventures in CRE? Trying to gauge which one to pursue, if any. Any input is much appreciated. Feel free to DM as well if easier. Thanks!

Chris

Hey Chris,

I don’t have experience with their program but I have done a few of Justin Kivel’s Udemy courses and they are great.

If you need REFAI certification for work then that’s one thing. If however you are just looking to further your education on financial modeling I would check out Justin’s stuff to see if it’s a fit. 

@Logan Hartle I just took a look at his courses and they look like solid options. I don’t necessarily need the certification, more so looking for the education. That said, how in-depth does he go with the content? Do his courses provide enough info for me to develop my own institutional quality financial models after doing some of his more advanced courses?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Chris

Hey Chris,

Absolutely. Most of his courses are teaching you how to build your own model in excel. They are step by step courses where you follow along and by the end of it you've built the model in your own excel spreadsheet.