Self Storage Facility Insurance Providers

6 Replies

Xercor is who we use in regards to customer insurance. 

We use to have an in house protection plan, however to mitigate risk from the tenant aspect in the event something were to occur such as i.e. fire, we wouldn't be left holding the bag.

As for the facility itself, I would have to research that as it is above my pay grade. 

Chubb Insurance is one that comes to mind from previous experience.

I hope this helps.

"Big" Henry

Originally posted by @Henry M. :

Xercor is who we use in regards to customer insurance. 

We use to have an in house protection plan, however to mitigate risk from the tenant aspect in the event something were to occur such as i.e. fire, we wouldn't be left holding the bag.

As for the facility itself, I would have to research that as it is above my pay grade. 

Chubb Insurance is one that comes to mind from previous experience.

I hope this helps.

"Big" Henry

Thanks. Third party insurance would be helpful. It is a small amount of income and best to leave to the insurer to verify.

Call Ponderosa Insurance:  David Gonzalez 8663033990 x544304.  Give him some rough numbers.  They only do Self storage insurance, thus their rates are lower and they are specific to self storage coverage (example Auction coverage).  They also offer customer insurance, so you kill two birds with one insurance company.

What we have used.  Not making an outright recommendation, but have used them for about 7 years and they have been great on coverage and rates.  Check out other Self Storage specific insurers also.  Get one that can be tied into your Operations software, and not maintained on a side system.