If their is already a sheriff Deed between the defendent and the bank should I not bid on the property at a second sheriff sale? Will there be a broken chain of ownership and be a problem getting title insurance?
A specific property I am considering bidding on at a sheriff sale, according to the county clerk deed records (as confirmed by the sheriff's office) was already sold to the bank at a sheriff sale. For some reason it is being sold again, as if the defendent still owns it.
If their is already a sheriff Deed between the defendent and the bank should I not bid on the property at a second sheriff sale? Will there be a broken chain of ownership and be a problem getting title insurance?
A specific property I am considering bidding on at a sheriff sale, according to the county clerk deed records (as confirmed by the sheriff's office) was already sold to the bank at a sheriff sale. For some reason it is being sold again, as if the defendent still owns it.
It could be another plaintiff/creditor, such as the 1st position lien if the former foreclosure was a 2nd. Or it could be tax sale via the Sheriff.
Or they may need to re- foreclose if there was an error in the first action.