Votes
Joe Boggin
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
sheriff sale?

Joe Boggin
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Dec 30 2013, 18:47

im attending my first sheriff sale in philadelphia next week. on the website the sales are either mortgage forclosure or a tax lien sale. with the tax sale the owner has a right of redemption. but with a mortgage forclosure the highest bidder gets the property.

i have researched sheriff sales and one catch was that you can bid on a property and assume ownership for 7k or whatever the price is...and under that assumption is the condition may vary widely. im confused about the whats "cleared" with the sheriff sale...

i was under the impression that although the house might have missing copper and missing wires and and a compromised roof, the title would be clean?? isnt that the purpose of the sheriff sale? is it possible to buy a house for 7k but have 25k in back taxes and its your burden?? who runs title on 8 properties they plan on bidding on at the auction?? i was on the cities website and you can find if there are back taxes owed but i cant believe you can just get every lien and judgement assessed when you win a sheriff sale auction??

Loading replies...