Arizona

12 Replies

Hey Lender,

Hello from an old Sun Devil! Wish I could help, but I've moved back to Long Island, where I specialize in foreclosure. Ever want to talk ASU or AZ in general...hit me up. Welcome. Miss the women out there... :cry:

-Ken

Hey Lender,

I'm new to BP so I just now saw your post from two months ago... did you end up finding a foreclosure on the east side?

If not, I can help.
Casey

Justin - There are usually between 1000-2000 properties for sale at the trustee sales daily. If you are interested in buying foreclosures, e-mail me

Nick - Thank you :) I'm an Arizona native so I'm happy to help with your overtaking!

yep, real quick, you might wanna take out the email in your post body and put it in your signature. I'd hate for you to get dinged so soon.

Here's a link to the forum rules: http://www.biggerpockets.com/forumrules.html

this way, you don't get discouraged and leave us when a moderator sees you posted your email and gives you a virtual slap on the wrist :)

Casey,

Welcome to BP Nation. ARe you able to get trustee sale bids at prices below what can be had on REO's and short sales?

It is my understanding that the AZ trustee sales have gotten so competitive that the best you can expect on a normal basis is 80% of value rather than 70% which is the key number.
Enlighten me because I am always interested in deals for AZ, NV, and CA

PS. Nick and Justin are great guys to work with and are local to you, so choosen them is a great start here on BP for alignment of your network.

Will,

You're right, the trustee sales have become very competitive in Arizona. It is still possible to buy properties around 70% of value but lately the highest bids have been closer to 80%.

As far as prices being lower than REO's or short sales, it all depends on the property. As with short sales, foreclosed properties can be great investments if you know what you're doing. Both have their ups and downs.

PM me if you have questions about the auctions.

Hello, I have been in construction for over 40 years, I am presently looking to get my Real estate License so that I can help people who want to get involved in flips. I am not interested in any self performing projects. What I am thinking is with my General Contractors License I will be able to help Buyers, Sellers and people interested in flips by hiring the subs to do the work while I qualify the numbers and supervise the remodels or rehabs for my clients so as to earn the sales or listing commissions. I am new to this concept and was wondering what you might think of this business model and if you would be interested in such an arrangement.

I greatly appreciate any comments or recommendations you may have.

Thank You

Originally posted by @Greg Mitchell :

Hello, I have been in construction for over 40 years, I am presently looking to get my Real estate License so that I can help people who want to get involved in flips. I am not interested in any self performing projects. What I am thinking is with my General Contractors License I will be able to help Buyers, Sellers and people interested in flips by hiring the subs to do the work while I qualify the numbers and supervise the remodels or rehabs for my clients so as to earn the sales or listing commissions. I am new to this concept and was wondering what you might think of this business model and if you would be interested in such an arrangement.

I greatly appreciate any comments or recommendations you may have.

Thank You

This could work for you. Your best client prospect to start with will probably be the flippers. I would suggest that you go down to the courthouse steps for the trustee sales and mingle with those people. The acquire properties with the intent to flip, and would be a good bet for passing out your card as a contractor. Then if they are looking to list on MLS, you could help them as their agent.

As you get going, you may find your niche, or you may evolve your concept into something different.  

If you need a good referral for hanging your RE license once you finish school, PM me and I can give you some options.